Choosing a personal doctor
You know it’s important to have a personal doctor. After all, a trusted relationship with your doctor could mean better health overall. But what if you’re new to the area? Or just switched health plans? What should you consider when choosing your personal doctor?
Want to feel good about your health?
A positive relationship with your personal doctor is associated with greater satisfaction, better overall health and lower hospital and emergency room use.
But how do you choose the doctor who’s right for you?
Here’s what to look for:
- Someone who takes interest in your whole being: physical, mental and emotional.
- A mutual feeling of trust and the ability to have open communication.
- Someone who actively listens, asks about your symptoms and answers your questions.
- An ability to explain a diagnosis and treatment options in a way you can understand.
- Someone who keeps you involved and values your opinion on treatment options.
You can choose a personal doctor from the primary care physician provider type.
myWellmark® can make it easier
- Log in or register for myWellmark and select the myWellmark® Care Finder to make sure the doctor and facility you are considering is in your health plan network.
- Use the Care Finder to check quality scores and reviews of providers with locations closest to you.
- You can even find out about how much you’ll have to pay, with approximate prices for treatments and procedures based on your benefit plan, physician and facility.
It’s all possible with the myWellmark Care Finder. Knowing changes everything.
If you haven’t registered for myWellmark yet, it’s easy. All you need is your Wellmark ID card and an email address.