** Effective March 16, 2020, all Wellmark members will have access to virtual health care visits with no cost-share. To avoid the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we encourage you to take advantage of virtual visits with your current primary care physician, if you have this capability. For those who don’t currently have a primary care physician, please use an in-network provider or Doctor On Demand®. The cost-share for such visits, including those for mental health reasons, are waived for the next 90 days. At that time, we will reassess. **
Say one of your employees is feeling sick, but doesn’t want to get out of bed to go see the doctor? You guessed it: There’s an app for that. Doctor On Demand External Site offers virtual visits with board-certified physicians for a number of minor ailments, from a run-of-the-mill cold or flu to headaches, skin conditions or bronchitis. Physicians can even prescribe medication, if needed.
If you're not feeling well, a doctor with Doctor on Demand can help.
Doctor On Demand gives you and your employees the option to receive medical treatment via phone, tablet or desktop computer. And, there are benefits for every workforce, especially with employees who:
- Have tight schedules or short lunch breaks
- Live or work in areas where in-person care isn’t widely accessible
- Travel frequently for work
- Need to juggle multiple schedules for family members
- Have high-deductible health plans
- Are traveling outside their service area
- Want to avoid a trip to the emergency room
- Have a simple question about an existing treatment regimen
Doctor On Demand is Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s preferred virtual visit solution and one more way our members get more. Contact your Wellmark representative or visit the Wellmark Marketing Toolkit Secure Site to learn more.