Say one of your employees is feeling sick, but doesn’t want to get out of bed to go see the doctor? You guessed it: There’s an app for that. Doctor On Demand External Site offers virtual visits with board-certified physicians for a number of minor ailments, from a run-of-the-mill cold or flu to headaches, skin conditions or bronchitis. Physicians can even prescribe medication, if needed.
If you're not feeling well, a doctor with Doctor on Demand can help.
Doctor On Demand gives you and your employees the option to receive medical treatment via phone, tablet or desktop computer. And, there are benefits for every workforce, especially with employees who:
- Have tight schedules or short lunch breaks
- Live or work in areas where in-person care isn’t widely accessible
- Travel frequently for work
- Need to juggle multiple schedules for family members
- Have high-deductible health plans
- Are traveling outside their service area
- Want to avoid a trip to the emergency room
- Have a simple question about an existing treatment regimen
Virtual Visits show effectiveness for behavioral health conditions during COVID-19
In the “new normal” of the COVID-19 era, it’s important for employers to keep an eye on the effect the pandemic is having on employee’s behavioral health. Not only are your employee worried about the disease, they are worried about their ability to keep working — and certain behaviors continue to arise such as substance abuse, depression, and anxiety Opens in a new window — especially among the younger generations.
According to new survey data from the Blue Cross Blue Shied Association (BCBSA) shows three in four Americans with behavioral health conditions are continuing therapy Wellmark Marketing Toolkit Secure Site to learn more.