Health coverage information
Get more information about Wellmark’s health care plans and products.
Wellmark Health Plan of Iowa, Inc.
The Wellmark Health Plan of Iowa, Inc. products are:
- Blue Advantage®
- Blue Choice®
- Blue Access®
Health management programs
See the health management programs available to your patients who have Wellmark coverage.
BeWell 24/7, included as part of Wellmark member benefits, is an around-the-clock telephonic health care support service for members. One phone number — 844-84-BEWELL — gives Wellmark members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week access to:
- A link to community services needed to support our members' health and well-being, such as transportation to the doctor's office, Meals on Wheels, etc.
- Make an appointment or assist with coordination of PCP office visits, specialist appointment, lab work and diagnostic testing.
- Assistance with complex claims and billing issues in conjunction with Wellmark Customer Service.
- Procurement of home health care, durable medical equipment and other resources surrounding any procedure or surgery.
- Immediate answers to urgent health care questions.
- A team of registered nurses and other health professionals for extra information, decision-making assistance and help in navigating the health care system.
- Medication Adherence Education and Support: Assistance in understanding medications and how to take them.
- Education on medication-related subjects such as safety, effectiveness, the use of generics and the importance of adherence to the clinician's plan of care.
- Answers from a registered nurse to questions about medical treatments, tests and procedures to help members make care decisions.
- Help from a health assistant in locating health care resources available through employers, providers, Wellmark or in the community. Includes immediate transfer/connection to these resources.
- Our engagement experts will create custom campaigns (designed and scripted by you) to help you connect with patients. For example, if you have a list of patients who need to come in for BP checks or diagnostic testing, we can help you reach those members and get them scheduled for an appointment.
Engaging members in their own health and wellness.
Online wellness education and support programs to promote healthier behaviors.
- An integrated lifestyle management program tailored to the member's needs.
- Web-based programs for weight management/nutrition, physical activity, stress management, medication adherence, depression and the QuitNet® smoking cessation program.
- Assistance identifying and connecting members with local community resources health and wellness education and/or support, such as nutrition seminars, weight loss or smoking cessation support groups, physical activity groups, etc.
Health risk assessment survey tool.
A fully-integrated, Web-based program designed to help members assess, maintain or identify opportunities to improve their health status.
Long-term, condition-specific support for those with chronic illness.
Support and assistance for members with specific chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, asthma or coronary artery disease. Programs reinforce the clinician treatment plan and help encourage and enable condition self-management. The services are intended to:
- Give participants tools to help manage their conditions for optimum health.
- Increase patient adherence with the clinician’s treatment plan.
- Reinforce the relationship between the patient and his or her clinician.
Acute and/or complex medical situation/diagnosis support.
- One-on-one support for complex cases/diagnoses, such as a serious illness, surgery or a transplant.
- Facilitation of transitions from inpatient to outpatient or ambulatory care settings.
- Coordinated interventions and assistance for both the member and their family in line with the clinician's treatment plan.
- Education and support on condition self-management.
Support for women at risk for preterm births or other complications.
- A primary obstetrical nurse is assigned to women with the highest risk pregnancies.
- Support through personalized health information, education and assistance.
Improving quality of life for individuals and families dealing with advanced illness.
- Palliative care supports delivery of care that serves to relieve suffering and improve the quality of life for individuals with advanced illness and their families.
- Offered in conjunction with all other appropriate forms of medical treatment.
- Facilitated by an interdisciplinary team with symptom and pain control integrated into the treatment plan.