While employee health and well-being were already on the rocks, the pandemic sure found a way to worsen the blows. Here are a few ways how:
- 42 percent of respondents from the Business Group on Health (BGH), Fidelity Investments and Alight Solutions survey External Site agree with the statement: “My level of debt is ruining the quality of my life.”
- 43 percent of those surveyed were experiencing symptoms of burnout, such as physical or emotional exhaustion, and a sense of increased anxiety at work.
- The availability of teletherapy increased by 50 percent from 2019 to 2020.
Conversations with thought leaders in the well-being space
Our team of well-being experts at Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield hosted candid conversations with various thought leaders in the well-being space — each one resulting in actionable insights for you. These are key topics based on what’s happening within the industry and what we’ve heard from various employer groups throughout the pandemic.
Check out our well-being webinar series lineup
- Workplace Culture External Site with Rosie Ward, PhD, CEO/Co-founder of SALVEO Partners
- Dr. Rosie Ward is an energetic, passionate, compassionate leader, consultant, coach, speaker and author who focuses on transformation from the inside out. Her mission started more than 20 years ago when she experienced firsthand the ill effects of working in a toxic work environment and found her well-being eroding. Since then, she has worked tirelessly to find a solution, so this experience is no longer the norm. She is sought after to help re-humanize workplaces so that people are freed, fueled and inspired to bring their best selves to work — and home — each day.
- Emotional health External Site with Dr. Andrew Shatte, chief knowledge officer and co-founder of meQuilibirium
- Andrew is a fellow at the Brookings Institution’s Center for Executive Education, a former professor of psychology at the University of Pennsylvania and currently on the faculty of the College of Medicine at the University of Arizona. He has been published prolifically in peer-reviewed journals and is the author of Resilience Factor: 7 Keys to Finding Your Inner Strength and Overcoming Life’s Hurdles and meQuilibrium 14 Days to Cooler, Calmer and Happier.
- Financial well-being External Site with Brian Hamilton, senior vice president of SmartDollar®
- Brian Hamilton is the founder and driving force behind SmartDollar, the financial wellness benefit from Ramsey Solutions that helps businesses improve the financial health of their employees and prepares them to retire with confidence. As Senior Vice President of SmartDollar, Brian leads the growth and development of the product while overseeing the brand’s operations. Brian has been with Ramsey Solutions since 2013.
Ready, set, let’s talk workplace wellness!
At Wellmark, we know your business, and have insights and data on your employees that you may not have in-house. Our team of employer health and well-being consultants can serve as an extension of your workforce and provide expertise in creating engaging solutions to meet the unique needs of your employee population.
Learn more, get connected and receive a complimentary consultation with one of our employer health and well-being experts. Once you complete the form, you’ll receive a copy of our Well-being that Works guide. From there, we will be there every step of the way, our team can be your go-to source for finding the right combination of solutions — because one-size doesn’t fit all.
If you are interested in learning more about how we can support your organization and employee's overall health and well-being this year and beyond, contact your authorized Wellmark account representative, or email us at email@example.com Send Email.
- The Lampo Group, LLC d/b/a/ SmartDollar®. SmartDollar is a separate company that provides financial well-being services on behalf of Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield and does not provide Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield products or services.
- SALVEO Partners is a separate company providing The Thriving Workplace Culture SurveyTM. SALVEO Partners does not provide Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield products and services. The Thriving Workplace Culture SurveyTM is a trademark of SALVEO Partners.