Text message (SMS) terms and conditions
Wellmark offers standard-rate SMS (Short Messaging Service) text programs to keep members informed on their health care plan and benefits. Text messaging from us may include one-time or recurring texts related to your benefits, programs, products, services, and tools, and/or general health information. By providing your mobile phone number to Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Wellmark) and successfully activating automated text alerts/messages (texts), you agree Wellmark and its affiliates may send you recurring texts from one of our short codes.
By providing your mobile phone number to Wellmark:
- You acknowledge that you are the current wireless service plan subscriber and/or an authorized user of the mobile phone number that you provide for the purpose of text alerts, or you have been granted permission by the wireless service plan subscriber and/or authorized user of the mobile phone number to enroll the mobile phone number in the service.
- You grant Wellmark express consent to send automated text messages to the enrolled mobile phone number through your wireless phone carrier unless and until such permission is revoked in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You agree that your prior express consent to receive text messages shall continue indefinitely unless and until you cancel your prior express consent.
- You are hereby requesting to receive text messages in spite of the fact that your mobile phone number may otherwise be on the federal, or a state's, Do Not Call List. You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by lay, your request overrides any prior Do Not Call request for or related to the text program you enroll in. You are not required to agree to the receipt of text messages in order to purchase any product from Wellmark. Depending on the text programs you enroll in, you may receive marketing messages.
Short codes used by Wellmark:
To subscribe to receive text messages:
- Log in to myWellmark® to view your Profile
- Select the "Notifications" tab
- Select your communication preferences and follow the instructions for enabling text messaging.
To stop receiving text messages:
- Log in to myWellmark to change your preferences under "Notifications" in your profile. OR
- Reply STOP from your mobile device. You will receive one final confirmation text message saying that you will no longer receive text messages from that short code.
- If revoking your consent by texting STOP to the text message you have received, your text response should contain only the word STOP without an additional words, spaces or characters before or after the word STOP. This will opt you out of the text message type to which you have responded.
Wellmark will use automated technology to deliver text messages to you. By your activation of text messages in myWellmark, you give your consent to Wellmark to use such equipment to deliver automated text messages to the mobile phone number provided. If you update your mobile phone number in myWellmark at any time, all communications preferences for text notifications will be removed and you must re-subscribe to text message notifications.
To get help or support: To get help or answers to your questions, call 800-524-9242. From your mobile phone, you can request that we send you an additional text message that will include relevant contact information by replying HELP to the text message you received.
Message and data rates may apply. Wellmark does not charge a fee for text messages, but mobile phone carrier charges may apply. Check with your wireless phone carrier for your plan details. By providing your consent to receive text messages, you approve any such charges from your mobile carrier. It is your responsibility to determine if your mobile service provider supports text messaging and if your mobile device is capable of receiving text messages. Msg&data rates may apply.
Carriers: We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). ***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
Message frequency: By opting in to receiving text messages, you grant Wellmark permission to send periodic text messages to the mobile phone number you provide. Message frequency will vary by user depending on your myWellmark account settings and your health plan activity. The text messages that we provide are being delivered as a convenience to you for information or marketing purposes. A text message does not constitute a record for the plan/account to which it pertains.
Wellmark reserves the right, without any obligation and without any notice, change improve or correct text messages and to suspend text messages for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance, upgrades, improvements or corrections. Wellmark cannot and does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure text message services. Wellmark cannot guarantee that text messaging services provided through your wireless carrier will be delivered and we will not be liable for delayed or undelivered text messages. The mobile carriers are not liable to you for delayed or undelivered messages.
Your continued use of text messages from Wellmark after changes are made to the Terms and Conditions will be deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as modified by the posted changes. Therefore, please check these Terms and Conditions on a regular basis.
No warranties: Wellmark makes no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding text messages. Wellmark hereby disclaims all warranties, including any implied representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
You agree that for all matters not explicitly addressed herein, including general terms applicable to text messages, the myWellmark Terms and Conditions shall apply and are incorporated herein by reference. In addition, you hereby reaffirm your agreement to those myWellmark Terms and Conditions.