Benefits for participating dentists
- Non-exclusivity allows you to participate in other dental programs.
- Claim checks are sent directly to you.
- You can retain and gain patients due to Wellmark's marketplace success.
- Excellent customer service and claim turnaround from an experienced staff.
For members with employer coverage, Blue DentalSM plans feature a comprehensive benefits package that frequently includes:
- Check-ups and teeth cleaning
- Cavity repair and tooth extractions
- Root canals and pulp treatment
- Gum and bone disease
- Major restorative
- Dentures and bridges
- Orthodontics (optional)
For members with individual or family plans, Blue Dental coverage is available as an optional benefit covering:
- Diagnostic and preventive care (check-ups and teeth cleaning)
- Restorative care (cavity repair and tooth extractions)
- Major restorative care
In the Blue Dental service area spanning Iowa and the counties bordering Iowa, members can visit any dentist that participates in the Blue Dental network. Outside of the Blue Dental service area, members can visit dentists or specialists that participate in the Dental GRID Corporation network, one of the nation's largest dental provider networks.
Dental claims processing
To ensure proper claims processing, ask members to present their ID cards at the time of service.
If someone in the member's family has other dental coverage, send the claim for service to the primary insurance plan and submit to the secondary plan. Blue Dental will coordinate benefits if a member has coverage under more than one dental plan.
- Dental Network Participation Opportunities and Contract Questions: 877-258-3685
- Dental Credentialing: 877-258-3685
- Dental Customer Service/Claims/Benefits: 877-333-0164