Skip to main content

Types of 1095 forms

There are a few different types of proof of coverage. They all provide similar information – who had health insurance and for how long. What form you receive depends on how you purchased your health plan.

1095-A: If you bought your plan through the individual marketplace exchange, you'll receive this form from the federal government.

1095-B: If you bought your health plan directly from Wellmark or through your employer, you'll receive this form digitally in your myWellmark® account Secure Site.

1095-C: If you purchased your health plan through your employer, you may receive this form from your employer. You may also receive a 1095-B, depending on the type of coverage you have.

What to do with the 1095-B form

When your 1095-B is available in myWellmark Secure Site, typically in January, review it for accuracy and keep it with your health coverage records. It's important for the information to be accurate, but you don't need your Form 1095-B or 1095-C on hand when you file your annual income taxes.

You may receive more than one Form 1095-B if you changed employers throughout the year. You may also receive more than one if, during the calendar year, you got your health insurance from your employer and then purchased it directly from Wellmark.

As a general rule, your 1095-B should match what is reported on your federal income tax return. If you've had an address or name change during the year, call Customer Service or your employer to make the needed update.

Print your 1095-B directly from myWellmark. Or, request a paper copy from Customer Service:

Please include your full name, Wellmark ID number and preferred contact number in your request.

For more information, please visit the Internal Revenue Service’s Q&A External Site.