Call BeWell 24/7 for answers to your health-related questions
It’s 2 a.m. and your toddler is complaining of ear pain.
You’re out of town, and you aren’t sure if that ankle sprain requires a doctor visit.
You have been exposed to Covid or are having symptoms and want to know what to do.
Get help for these, or any health-related question, anytime, day or night, by calling BeWell 24/7, a free service available exclusively to Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield members.*
By calling Eight, Four, Four, Eight, Four, Be Well, you get real help from medical professionals, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Think of it as a free information hotline you can call for advice based on your symptoms, and where to go for care:
- Get answers to health questions. Clinically trained nurses can provide answers to questions about treating the common cold, fevers, minor burns and sprains, and common rashes.
- Locate in-network doctors. Get help finding an in-network doctor at home or while traveling — saving you time and effort.
- Know the best place to go for care. Locate appropriate, in-network care based on your symptoms, saving you money on unnecessary appointments or emergency room visits.
- Get decision-making support. BeWell 24/7 registered nurses can help answer questions about medical treatments, surgeries and tests.
- Find guidance for complex health issues. BeWell 24/7 nurses can refer you to Wellmark’s Case Management Program to assess your whole-health situation and develop an individualized care plan.
Call BeWell 24/7 to talk to a real person, any time of day or night. The phone number is also listed on the back of your Wellmark ID card.
- BeWell 24/7 is a telephone service that provides access to a registered nurse to answer health-related questions.
- Virtual care (Doctor On Demand) provides online access to a board-certified doctor or therapist for diagnosis and treatment (including prescription medication, if appropriate).
If it’s an emergency, immediately call 911.