Medicareblue SupplementSM plans options
Wellmark offers a variety of MedicareBlue Supplement plans, each with a different combination of benefits, premiums and out-of-pocket costs. You have the flexibility to choose one to fit your budget, your lifestyle and your health care needs. You can get a quote anytime. There is no obligation to enroll.
MedicareBlue Supplement Plan OptionsAll six plan options help with the cost share of services covered by Original Medicare.
|Standard Medicare Supplement Plans||Plan A||Plan D||Plan F|
|Basic Benefits||Basic, including 100% Part B coinsurance||Basic, including 100% Part B coinsurance||
Basic, including 100% Part B coinsurance
|Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance||not included||Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance||Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance|
|Part A Deductible||not included||Part A Deductible||Part A Deductible|
|Part B Deductible||not included||not included||Part B Deductible|
|Part B Excess (100%)||not included||not included||Part B Excess (100%)|
|Foreign Travel Emergency||not included||Foreign Travel Emergency||Foreign Travel Emergency|
|Standard Medicare Supplement Plans||High Deductible Plan F||Plan G||Plan N|
Basic, including 100% Part B coinsuranceHD
HDBenefits will not begin until the annual out-of-pocket amount is reached.
|Basic, including 100% Part B coinsurance||
Basic, including 100% Part B coinsurance, except up to $20 copayment for office visits and up to $50 copayment for ER
|Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance||Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance||Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance||Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance|
|Part A Deductible||Part A Deductible||Part A Deductible||Part A Deductible|
|Part B Deductible||Part B Deductible||not included||not included|
|Part B Excess (100%)||Part B Excess (100%)||Part B Excess (100%)||not included|
|Foreign Travel Emergency||Foreign Travel Emergency||Foreign Travel Emergency||Foreign Travel Emergency|
MedicareBlue Supplement Plan A
Plan A: Provides basic benefits with guaranteed acceptance
You can be enrolled in Plan A regardless of any health issues. It pays coinsurance for Medicare Part A, which includes hospital care and pays 20 percent coinsurance for Medicare Part B, which includes doctor visits. Your Original Medicare plan will generally cover the other 80 percent coinsurance for Part B.
MedicareBlue Supplement Plan D
Plan D: Provides balanced coverage
Plan D covers many out-of-pocket costs associated with Original Medicare. In exchange for a lower premium, you’re responsible to pay the Part B deductible and any Part B excess charges.
MedicareBlue Supplement Plan F
Plan F: Our most comprehensive benefit package
Plan F is hassle-free: Just pay your premiums, and the plan pays the rest of your Medicare-covered services, even Part B excess costs. That means if Medicare Part B services or supplies exceed Medicare-approved costs, your MedicareBlue supplement will cover 100 percent of the additional expense.
MedicareBlue Supplement High Deductible Plan F
High Deductible Plan F: Our lowest cost option
It provides the same coverage as regular Plan F after you meet an annual deductible, and the premiums are lower. If your needs change, you can switch to regular Plan F after one year.
MedicareBlue Supplement Plan G
Plan G: Provides broad benefits
All you’re responsible for is your premium and your Part B deductible. Plan G takes care of the rest — including any Part B excess charges.
MedicareBlue Supplement Plan N
Plan N: Lower-cost plan with small copays
You pay lower premiums with Plan N, but you're responsible for copays of up to $20 for office visits and up to $50 for emergency room visits. You're also responsible for your Medicare Part B deductible and any Part B excess costs. Beyond these expenses, the plan covers your Part A and B coinsurance.