It’s time to learn the ins and outs of Medicare.
But where do you begin? Start with our free Medicare Matters guide to learn the basics.
Medicare matters because your health matters
When it is time to make an important decision about your health care, choose the company that gives you:
- The right plan for the right price
- Stability and peace of mind
- Experience and strength
- Highly trained and qualified experts who live and work in the same state as you
See why more of your neighbors choose a Wellmark plan over any other.
You can enroll in Original Medicare if you are:
- age 65 or older.
- a U.S. citizen and have been a legal resident for five straight years.
- in need of a kidney transplant or dialysis for end-stage renal disease.
- younger than 65 and have received Social Security for at least two years.
Wellmark members get more
You get more than just a health plan when you’re a Wellmark member.
- Discover freedom to choose your Medicare-participating doctor.
- Experience homegrown service from people who live right here in Iowa and South Dakota.
- Receive a reduced premium just for living a healthy lifestyle.1
- Access discounts on hearing, vision, fitness and travel resources through our free Blue365® program.
Give us a call and you’ll be connected with one of our local Medicare experts. There’s no risk. No obligation. No hard sell. We’re here to help.
Call toll-free 877-601-6794 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Standard Time on Monday – Friday.
1Eligibility for preferred premiums is dependent upon your answers to health questions on the application.
MedicareBlue SupplementSM plans presented on this page are specific to Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa and Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Dakota and can only be purchased by Iowa and South Dakota residents. Enrollment and coverage in a MedicareBlue Supplement insurance plan is with Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa and Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Dakota, independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. MedicareBlue Supplement insurance plans and the Blue365® member discount program are not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.
This is a solicitation of insurance.