Some prescription medications require special handling, administration or monitoring. These drugs are used to treat complex, chronic and often costly conditions. Learn more about what do to if you have been prescribed a specialty drug.
Preferred Specialty Pharmacy Providers
If you are prescribed a specialty drug, we have two preferred pharmacy providers: CVS/caremark Specialty Pharmacy Services External Site and Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions (HPS) External Site. When you use these preferred providers for your specialty drugs, you'll receive the following services at no extra cost:
- Educational materials and ongoing support to help you manage your health
- Complete insurance billing, including coordination of benefits for lower out-of-pocket costs and virtually no paperwork
- Free courier delivery of medications, often with next-day delivery
- Supplies, including syringes, alcohol swabs, and sharps kits, if required
- Access to pharmacists and other health experts 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Follow-up care calls to remind you when it is time to refill your prescription, check on your therapy progress, and answer any questions you may have
CVS/caremark Specialty Pharmacy Services
You can enroll onlineExternal Site or call CVS/caremark at 800-237-2767. A representative will collect your information and contact your doctor for the prescription.
Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions
Enroll onlineExternal Site or call Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions at 877-794-9833. Once you are enrolled, you can make arrangements to get your first order delivered. You can also ask your doctor to call in a prescription at 877-794-9833. A Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions representative will contact for delivery arrangements once your prescription is ready.