The 2021 Small Matching Assets to Community Health (MATCH) grant is currently closed for applications.
Small MATCH grants support promising projects that can help individuals, families and communities achieve better health. This can be done by creating safe and healthy environments that encourage physical activity and access to and consumption of nutritious foods.
Examples of funded projects include, but are not limited to:
- Improving access to locally sourced foods.
- Supporting connections between local food systems and health.
- Providing readily available and accessible opportunities for all residents to engage in physical activity.
To learn more, please read the Request for Applications (RFA). If you have a project you would like to discuss, we encourage you to contact us to help you determine if it is a fit for our grant offering.
2021 Small MATCH grant details
- Amount — Up to $25,000
- Length — Must be successfully completed by Dec. 2022.
- # of payments — One
- Matched funds required? — Yes, 50 percent with cash or in-kind contributions. At least one-half of the matching support must be cash.
- Eligible organizations — Iowa- and South Dakota-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
- How to apply — Application will be available in April.
- Application deadline — May 26, 2021 by 5p.m. CST
How to apply for a Small MATCH grant
- Check your eligibility.
- Review the 2021 MATCH grants RFA.
- Complete the 2021 Small MATCH grant application.
The Wellmark Foundation grant program is a competitive grant process. Grant applications are scored by a panel of external reviewers across Iowa and South Dakota, in addition to The Wellmark Foundation staff.
See what others have done with the Small MATCH grant.