The Wellmark Foundation is currently accepting Matching Assets to Community Health (MATCH) Grant Applications for projects that make it easy to eat healthy and engage in everyday physical activity.
MATCH grants support promising projects that can help individuals, families and communities achieve better health.
To learn more, please read the Request for Applications (RFA)Opens New Window. If you have a project you would like to discuss, we encourage you to contact us to help you determine if it is a fit for our grant offering.
2022 MATCH grant details
Access to Healthy Foods MATCH Grant
- Requests up to $50,000
- Match requirement — 50 percent of the amount requested. At least one-half of that amount must be cash.
- Timeline — Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. CST on Sept. 21, 2022.
All applicants will be notified of funding decisions by Dec. 12, 2022, and selected grantees will have 12 weeks to certify their required match amount has been secured.
The Wellmark Foundation will distribute grant dollars in March 2023.
Grantees have until Dec. 31, 2025, to complete their project and use The Wellmark Foundation grant dollars.
Access to Healthy Foods and Built Environment MATCH Grant
- Requests up to $100,000
- Match requirement — Dollar-for-dollar. At least one-half of that amount must be cash.
- See the 28 organizations selected to receive fundsOpens New Window .
How to apply for a 2022 MATCH grant
- Check your eligibility.
- Review the 2022 Request for Applications (RFA) PDF File.
- Connect with The Wellmark Foundation staff to discuss your project.
- Complete the Access to Healthy Foods MATCH grant application PDF File by Sept. 21, 2022..
- Submit your completed application by the noted deadline.
The Wellmark Foundation grant program is a competitive grant process. Grant applications are scored by a panel of external reviewers across Iowa and South Dakota, in addition to The Wellmark Foundation staff.