The 2021 Large Matching Assets to Community Health (MATCH) grant is currently closed for applications.
Large MATCH grants support promising projects that can help individuals, families and communities achieve better health. This can be done by creating safe and healthy environments that encourage physical activity and access to and consumption of nutritious foods.
Examples of funded projects include, but are not limited to:
- Improving access to locally sourced foods.
- Supporting connections between local food systems and health.
- Providing readily available and accessible opportunities for all residents to engage in physical activity.
To learn more, please read the Request for Applications (RFA). If you have a project you would like to discuss, we encourage you to contact us to help you determine if it is a fit for our grant offering.
2022 Large MATCH grant details
- Amount — Up to $100,000
- Length — Must be successfully completed by December 2024.
- # of payments — One
- Matched funds required? — Yes, dollar-for-dollar with cash or in-kind contributions. At least one-half of the matching support must be cash.
- Eligible organizations – Iowa- and South Dakota-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
- How to apply — Applications will be available in December 2021 or early January 2022.
- Application deadline — To be announced
How to apply for a Large MATCH grant
- Check your eligibility.
- Review the 2022 MATCH grants RFA, when it is available.
- Complete the 2022 Large MATCH grant application.
The Wellmark Foundation grant program is a competitive grant process. Grant applications are scored by a panel of external reviewers across Iowa and South Dakota, in addition to The Wellmark Foundation staff.
See what others have done with the Large MATCH grant.