Follow these steps:
- Check your organization eligibility.
All grant programs have the same eligibility requirements:
- Organizations must be classified as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code or a governmental entity.
- Must be located within the states of either Iowa or South Dakota or seeking funding restricted for use in Iowa or South Dakota.
- Must agree with The Wellmark Foundation Inclusion Statement: "We are an inclusive organization accepting of all aspects of diversity. Examples of diversity include: race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical abilities and sexual orientation."
- Cannot have a contractual relationship with Wellmark, Inc., doing business as Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa, Wellmark of South Dakota, Inc., doing business as Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Dakota, Wellmark Health Plan of Iowa, Inc., Wellmark Advantage Health Plan, Inc., Wellmark Value Health Plan, or Wellmark Synergy Health, Inc. This does not include having health insurance coverage through Wellmark.
Projects must align with one of the two focus areas:
- Access to and consumption of healthy foods.
- Safe environments to be physically active in.
The RFA PDF File provides all the information you need about the grant offerings available. Review the RFA thoroughly to find due dates, match criteria and other important information.
After reviewing the RFA, contact us with any questions. We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your project and answer any questions you may have.
Complete the Access to Healthy Foods MATCH Grant application PDF File by Sept. 21, 2022.