Taming the trend: Strategies to manage the rising costs of specialty drugs
Join us for a joint webinar between Wellmark® Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® and CVS AccordantCareTM to learn more about:
- Current pharmacy cost trends and projections.
- What you need to know about emerging specialty drugs like gene therapies and biosimilars.
- Benefit strategies you can put in place to manage specialty drug spend.
- How to provide extra support to employees who require high-cost medications and lower their total costs of care.
- Opportunities that exist when your medical and pharmacy benefits work together.
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
1 p.m. – 2 p.m. CDT
Meet the presenters
Shanda Harclerode, PharmD, clinical pharmacy operations leader, Wellmark
Shanda is responsible for the development and implementation of processes and initiatives designed to effectively manage pharmacy trend and provide Wellmark's customers highly competitive pharmacy benefit products and services.
Ahmed F. Hassan, vice president, CVS Specialty
Ahmed has overall responsibility of the pharma manufacturer reporting and account management teams. Additionally, he also oversees the operations, product development, sales and account management of Accordant.
Andrew Krueger, MD, medical director, Accordant Health Services
Andrew is responsible for planning, developing, and establishing Accordant's clinical policies and objectives. He has developed and launched the assessments and care management of Ulcerative Colitis, Oncology Case Management, HIV, PAH and many clinical modules including Social Determinants of Health (SDoH).