AvĒsis Vision Plan
2020 ACA Plan Comparison Guide for Small Groups | South Dakota
Wellmark makes adding adult vision and hearing coverage1 easy by combining the billing with your medical premiums. Unique benefit options coupled with big savings on frames, lenses and other services gives you maximum value.
As a preferred Wellmark vendor, Avēsis2 offers you one of the most comprehensive vision plans in the industry. Covered services include:
- Eye exams
- Standard plastic lenses
- Contact lenses
- Lens options
- Access to more than 75,000 vision providers nationally3
- Network includes independent and leading national retailers
- Discounts on non-covered services such as LASIK surgery as well as additional eyeglasses, sunglasses and lens options
- Built-in hearing coverage and discounts through Amplifon Hearing Health Care4
- Voluntary option available
Avēsis vision coverage5
- Eye exam — Covered in full after $10 copay, every 12 months.
- Frames — Covered once every 24 months, after a $25 materials copay; $80 retail allowance.
- Standard plastic lenses — One pair covered in full after materials copay, every 12 months.
- Contact lenses — Covered up to allowance, every 12 months, in lieu of eyeglasses.
- Lens options — Up to 20 percent off polycarbonate, scratch-resistant coating, tint and UV protective coating.
Built-in hearing coverage
When your employees select vision coverage through Avēsis, they get a free hearing screening and reduced pricing on hearing devices, as an added benefit via a discount program through Amplifon Hearing Health CareTM.