AvĒsis Vision Plan
2019 ACA Plan Comparison Guide for Small Groups | Iowa
Wellmark makes adding adult vision and hearing coverage1 easy by combining the billing with your medical and/or dental premiums. Unique benefit options coupled with big savings on frames, lenses and other services gives you maximum value.
As a preferred Wellmark vendor, Avēsis2 offers you on of the most comprehensive vision plans in the industry. Covered services include:
- Eye exams
- Standard plastic lenses
- Contact lenses
- Lens options
- More than 61,000 points of access nationally.3
- Network includes independent and leading national retailers.
- Discounts on non-covered services (e.g., LASIK surgery), additional eyeglasses and sunglasses and lens options.
- Free hearing screening and reduced pricing for hearing care services through Amplifon Hearing Health CareTM .4
Avēsis vision coverage5
Diagnostic services — $10 copay
- Eye exam - Covered in full after $10 copay, every 12 months.
Eyewear services — $25 materials copay
- Frames - Covered once every 24 months, after materials copay; $80 retail allowance.
- Standard plastic lenses - One pair covered in full after materials copay, every 12 months.
- Contact lenses - Covered up to allowance, every 12 months, in lieu of eyeglasses.
- Lens options - Up to 20 percent off polycarbonate, scratch-resistant coating, tint and UV protective coating.
Built-in hearing coverage
When your employees select vision coverage through Avēsis, they get a free hearing screening and reduced pricing on hearing devices, as an added benefit, through Amplifon Hearing Health Care.