AvĒsis Vision Plan
2020 ACA Plan Comparison Guide for Small Groups | Iowa
Wellmark makes adding adult vision and hearing coverage1 easy by combining the billing with your medical and/or dental premiums. Unique benefit options coupled with big savings on frames, lenses and other services gives you maximum value.
As a preferred Wellmark vendor, Avēsis2 offers you one of the most comprehensive vision plans in the industry. Covered services include:
- Eye exams
- Standard plastic lenses
- Contact lenses
- Lens options
- Access to more than 75,000 vision providers nationally3
- Network includes independent and leading national retailers
- Discounts on non-covered services such as LASIK surgery as well as additional eyeglasses, sunglasses and lens options
- Built-in hearing coverage and discounts through Amplifon Hearing Health Care4
- Voluntary option available
Avēsis vision coverage5
- Eye exam — Covered in full after $10 copay, every 12 months.
- Frames — Covered once every 24 months, after a $25 materials copay; $80 retail allowance.
- Standard plastic lenses — One pair covered in full after materials copay, every 12 months.
- Contact lenses — Covered up to allowance, every 12 months, in lieu of eyeglasses.
- Lens options — Up to 20 percent off polycarbonate, scratch-resistant coating, tint and UV protective coating.
Built-in hearing coverage
When your employees select vision coverage through Avēsis, they get a free hearing screening and reduced pricing on hearing devices, as an added benefit via a discount program through Amplifon Hearing Health CareTM.