- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise, scrape out and discard seeds. This will help keep your dip from becoming watery. After chopping the cucumber, extract as much juice as possible by blotting with paper towels, or squeezing firmly in a strainer. In a medium bowl, mix the cucumber with all the remaining ingredients.
Cover and chill until ready to serve. Before serving, drizzle with a little olive oil.
Serve as a dip with pita and fresh vegetables, or use as a sauce with any type of meat or vegetable. Tzatziki sauce will become watery when stored and refrigerated more than a day or two.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 30 calories
- 2g fat (0g saturated fat)
- 0mg cholesterol
- 10mg sodium
- 3g carbohydrate
- 2g sugar
- 0g fiber
- 1g protein