Kale is a superfood that has a wide array of antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. Sauté or add to soups and salads.
- 3 cups of kale, ribs removed, leaves chopped
- 3 cups of romaine, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup edamame (thawed if frozen)
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced into small chunks
For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- Optional: tortilla strips (find them in the salad toppings area of your grocery store)
In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients until blended. Toss the dressing with the salad and serve.
Top with a few tortilla strips for extra crunch. Leftovers will keep well in the fridge for 1–2 days.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 309 calories
- 28g fat (3g saturated fat)
- 0g cholesterol
- 145mg sodium
- 21g carbohydrate
- 11g fiber
- 8g protein