- 1 ¾ pounds green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced (½ cup)
- ⅓ cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced ⅛ inch thick
- ⅓ cup 2 percent Greek yogurt
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots, stirring occasionally, until tender and just starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer shallots to a small bowl. Let skillet cool and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Whisk together stock and cornstarch.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in skillet over high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; add shallots. Whisk in stock mixture. Cook until thick, about 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat. Stir in yogurt and ½ teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Toss in beans.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 67 Calories
- 3g Fat
- 1mg Cholesterol
- 6g Carbohydrate
- 1g Fiber
- 3g Protein