- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup zucchini, diced
- ½ cup plum tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup fresh corn (optional: roasted corn, see below)
- ½ cup low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup green chile peppers, chopped (canned)
- 1 ½ tsp chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 16-oz can low-sodium enchilada sauce
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 6-inch soft corn or flour tortillas
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
If you have the time, roast your corn to give this recipe extra flavor. Toss ½ cup corn with ¾ tsp olive oil. Place in a shallow layer on a sheet pan. Cook for 10 minutes at 425°, stirring occasionally until kernels have browned.
FILLING: Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat and add broth. Heat to a simmer. Add onions and sauté in broth for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add zucchini and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add corn, beans, tomatoes, chiles and chipotle.
Sauté 1-2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and mozzarella. Pour ½ cup sauce in bottom of 13x9 baking pan.
Heat corn tortillas on both sides on non-stick skillet. Fill each tortilla with ¼ cup of filling; roll and place seam side down over the sauce. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle pan with cheddar cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Photography: Bill Nellans
Food stylist: Jennifer Nellans
Nutrition Per Serving
- 390 calories
- 8g fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 10mg cholesterol
- 750mg sodium
- 69g carbohydrate
- 7g fiber
- 13g protein