This recipe uses cauliflower rice. Buy premade cauliflower rice at your grocery store or make your own.
See how it's done
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil,divided
- 2 bell peppers, any color, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 onion, sliced into strips
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, no salt added, drained and thoroughly rinsed
In a large skillet, heat ½ tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions, and cook over medium heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until tender and golden, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
In another large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice, lime juice, chopped cilantro and sea salt. Cook about 5–10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and just barely turning golden, stirring occasionally. Add the kidney beans, and cook another 2 minutes to heat.
Divide the rice mixture between 4 bowls, do the same with the cooked peppers. Top with your choice of ingredients, like salsa, pico de gallo, plain Greek yogurt and guacamole.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 187 calories
- 5g fat (1g saturated fat)
- 0mg cholesterol
- 43mg sodium
- 28g carbohydrate
- 8g sugar
- 8g fiber
- 9g protein