- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons instant coffee, ground coffee or espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
In a blender (or food processor), puree the beans with the oil. Add the eggs, cocoa, sugar, coffee and vanilla. Melt half the chocolate chips (in the microwave or on the stovetop) and add to the mixture. Blend on medium-high until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the blender and pulse until just mixed. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake until the surface looks somewhat matte around the edges and still a bit shiny in the middle, about 20-30 minutes.
Let brownies cool at least 15 minutes before cutting and removing from the pan. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 239 calories
- 12g fat (2g saturated fat)
- 27mg cholesterol
- 12mg sodium
- 31g carbohydrate
- 17g sugar
- 3g fiber
- 6g protein