- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, diced (about one cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups breakfast potatoes, frozen
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, low-fat
- ½ cup salsa
- 8 (10-inch) whole-wheat tortillas (burrito-size)
- Optional toppings: tomato, avocado, hot sauce
Make one, freeze one
Make this a double-duty meal by wrapping any leftovers in foil and putting them in the freezer. When you're ready to eat, simply remove the foil and microwave for about three minutes. If soggy, crisp over low heat on a griddle.
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onions and peppers until onions are softened and peppers are slightly charred, about 8 minutes.
- Add potatoes and chili flakes and cook until warmed through, another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a dish.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg whites then stir in the cheese.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray, and reheat the skillet over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add eggs, scrambling until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon each yogurt and salsa, then layer with ⅛ of the potato mixture and ⅛ of the scrambled eggs.
- Roll up burrito-style and serve.
Top with avocado, tomatoes and hot sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 362 calories
- 16g fat (3g saturated fat)
- 148g cholesterol
- 608mg sodium
- 50g carbohydrate
- 6g fiber
- 21g protein