Turkey sausage scrambles
A little food prep once a week can give your mornings momentum. Simply add two eggs to the prepared meat and veggies and pop it in the microwave. In a minute or two, you have a warm, satisfying, protein-packed breakfast.
- 1½ cups pre-cooked potatoes (hash browns or diced potatoes)
- 1½ cups pre-cooked turkey sausage, crumbled
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups chopped veggies, such as onions, mushrooms or chopped bell peppers (optional)
- 12 eggs (2 eggs per serving)
In the order listed, layer ¼ cup of each ingredient (except for the eggs) into six pint-size glass mason jars (or microwave-safe dishes). Seal and store in the refrigerator for up to one week. When ready to cook, lightly whisk two eggs and pour into the jar. Microwave, uncovered, for one minute and give the eggs a quick stir. Microwave an additional one to two minutes until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. Let sit for one minute before removing from the microwave. Caution: Jar and eggs will be hot.
Top with chopped tomatoes, scallions, cilantro or salsa.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 300 calories
- 20g fat (8g saturated fat)
- 422mg cholesterol
- 580mg sodium
- 13g carbohydrate
- 0g sugars
- 0g fiber
- 25g protein