- 8 large eggs
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup shredded Colby Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1½ cup chopped meat and/or vegetables, such as turkey sausage, crisp-cooked bacon, fully cooked ham, bell pepper, green onion, zucchini, yellow summer squash
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped meat and/or vegetables, and 1 tablespoon cheese to each muffin cup; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour into muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are set in the center. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
Cover and refrigerate leftovers up to three days. Egg muffins are also great to freeze and warm up on busy mornings. They only take 1-2 minutes to warm in the microwave.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Hy-Vee, Inc.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 105 calories
- 8g fat (3g saturated fat)
- 139mg cholesterol
- 151mg sodium
- 2g carbohydrate
- 1g sugar
- 0g fiber
- 8g protein