This article was last updated on Oct. 31, 2022.
Health insurance can be confusing. But, by giving your benefits a quick checkup, you can make better choices, and save yourself money and time.
Give your coverage a regular checkup
Taking a look at your plan and coverage occasionally could help you avoid surprises and unnecessary costs. Just log in to myWellmark Opens New Window® and take the next few minutes to answer these questions.
Important things to know
- What is the name of your health plan?
- Have you designated a primary care physician, also known as a personal doctor? If so, who is it?
- What is your deductible amount? How much is used? How much is remaining?
- Is an annual vision exam covered under your health plan?
- Is chiropractic care covered? If so, what is your chiropractic visit limit?
- What is your office visit copayment or coinsurance?
- What is your emergency room copayment?
- What percentage of coinsurance or copayment will you pay for a hospital visit?
- What is your out-of-pocket maximum?
Get the answers to these questions and much more
Knowing more about your health insurance puts you in control. And, myWellmark makes it easy. Don’t have an account? Register to access today.
Also, make sure you understand your prescription drug benefits, too. Check out these 3 rules of thumb you should follow when you need a prescription drug.
Better understand health insurance jargon
Terms like copayment, deductible, out-of-pocket limit or coinsurance are important to know when looking at your benefits. Take 10 minutes to understand your coverage so you can be prepared the next time you need care.
myWellmark: all your health insurance information in one place
Once you're logged in to myWellmark, you can sign up to receive your important health insurance documents electronically, like your Explanation of Benefits (EOB). By getting your EOBs through myWellmark, you can easily and quickly track and manage your health care spending by date, provider or patient.
myWellmark even allows you to pay your Wellmark bill online Opens New Window, depending on your health plan. Online bill pay makes it easy to view your billing statements, schedule payments and manage your account.
Don't have a myWellmark account yet? Get registered today! Opens New Window All you need is your Wellmark ID card and an email address.