For chocolate chip cupcake:
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
For Greek yogurt frosting:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4-5 tablespoons powdered sugar or pinch of pure stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nutrition per serving
- 164 calories
- 6g fat (3g saturated fat)
- 46mg cholesterol
- 54mg sodium
- 25g carbohydrate
- 11g sugar
- 7g fiber
- 7g protein
Note: This nutritional information is calculated using stevia in the frosting.
Chocolate chip cupcake:
Preheat over to 350°. Line 12 muffin tins. Place all ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into muffin tins, filling almost to the top. Drop 4-5 chocolate chips onto the top of each cupcake. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting. Makes 12.
Greek yogurt frosting:
Blend all ingredients together until completely smooth. Use a little milk of your choice to thin out, or use a little powdered sugar to thicken to your taste.
Cupcakes are best served immediately after frosting. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
If made with certified gluten-free oats and gluten-free cream cheese, this recipe is gluten-free.