Feel like you're constantly rearranging towering stacks of papers or trying to remember where exactly you stored those receipts? Then it could be the perfect time to 'cut the clutter' where you can. With myWellmark®, you can opt in to receive digital Explanations of Benefits (EOBs) to easily organize your health care information.
Educate your employees about the importance — and cost savings — of going paperless. Encourage them to start with switching to receiving their EOBs digitally.
Create an internal campaign within your office.
Through handouts, intranet articles and even information within this article, you can encourage your employees to make the switch to digital EOBs. Check out these resources to get you started:
- Visit Wellmark.com for your Explanation of Benefits Opens in a new window and How to Read your EOBs Opens in a new window.
- Read on BlueSM about Knowing what you Owe: understanding your EOBs Opens in a new window .
- Watch a helpful video walking you through a digital EOB External Site.
Going paperless has its perks — not only for your company — but for your employees, too
It’s great to cut down on administrative costs (e.g., paper), but how will making the shift to paperless benefit your employees? Here are five reasons to help encourage your employees to make the switch to digital — don’t worry — these apply to your company, too:
- No more lost paper. Health insurance comes with a lot of paperwork. Instead of sifting through stacks and piles of paper to find the receipt or EOB explaining a visit, everything is organized and searchable digitally.
- Tax breaks. Did you know that both federal and state governments offer tax credits and rebates for going paperless? Here’s an easy search tool to find these rebates and credits in your state.
- Gain security. When it comes to going digital, you gain security. You don’t have the risk of throwing something out — everything is archived. Also, how many pieces of paper with important information have password protection?
- Worry-free disaster recovery. Imagine if a disaster hits your workplace. Whatever it may be, you and your employees can feel comfortable knowing their personal health information (PHI) is held securely within protected databases.
- Free up space. Think of all the piles of paper you have sitting around on your desk or in filing cabinets. Reclaim that space by moving to digital where everything is archived and available at your fingertips!
Annually, U.S. organizations spend $80 on paper for each of their employees. 50 to 70 percent of office space is devoted to filing and storing documentation. Source: ADP
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Join thousands of companies that have already made the shift to digital. Encourage your employees to make the shift the next time they visit Wellmark.com Opens in a new window with these three simple steps:
- Select My Account from the menu at the top.
- Click Edit under My Web Account.
- Under Information & Messaging make sure to select, “I agree to receive important information about my plan electronically and certify that I have read and agree to Consent to Electronic Delivery of Plan Information.” And, click Save Changes.