Have a question?
You might find the answer here.
If you don't have convenient, confidential access to a computer and you live in the Des Moines area, you may review position openings and apply online at Wellmark's Employment Center. The center is located in the main lobby of 1331 Grand Avenue, in Des Moines, Iowa. It is open from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To find job openings, visit the online job application site External Site. There, you can search for a job using keywords, category or location. All open positions will be listed. After you search for a job using keywords, category or location, you will have the option to save the search. Under “Job Search Agent Options,” you can name and save your search. This means that you will be sent an email when a new opening matches your criteria. If you do not see the job you are looking for, then there is not an open position for that job. Keep checking the website for opportunities.
Our company is committed to the health of our employees and their families. We are equally committed to ensuring that all workforce members portray an image that is consistent with this policy. The success of the policy will depend on the thoughtfulness and cooperation of each member of Wellmark's workforce. Due to differences in the laws in Iowa and South Dakota, there are slight differences in the policies, depending on location.
Summary of Iowa Policy
- Smoking or other use of tobacco or tobacco-like products (examples include but are not limited to cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, snuff, pipes, etc.) is strictly prohibited, not only on company property or during working time, but at all times and locations. Wellmark is committed to employing individuals who do not use tobacco. All employees must comply with this policy.
- All contractors, vendors and visitors must comply with this policy when on company property or in the case of a contractor working on Wellmark’s behalf, during working time.
Summary of South Dakota Policy
- Smoking or other use of tobacco or tobacco-like products (examples include but are not limited to cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, snuff, pipes, etc.) during company paid time, or on company property at any time, is strictly prohibited.
- Prohibition includes any and all buildings, owned, leased, rented and areas maintained by Wellmark; any grounds, parking lots, ramps, and contiguous sidewalks (within 300 feet); and in vehicles owned or leased by Wellmark.
- Use of tobacco or tobacco-like products during company paid time in any vehicle of any employee, contractor, vendor or visitor when on Wellmark property is prohibited.
- There are no designated smoking areas within any Wellmark location or on any grounds. Ash receptacles and spittoons are not available on company property. All use of tobacco or tobacco-like products during non-company paid time (e.g. before the work day begins, during non-company paid lunch time or after the work day ends) must be at least 300 feet from any Wellmark location.
- All Wellmark employees, while on company paid time and representing the company, shall not use tobacco products.
- All employees, contractors, vendors and visitors must comply with this policy.