Class Room Training
New Agent Training
All newly appointed agents are required to attend New Agent Training within 180 days of their appointment. (Note: continental breakfast and lunch provided)
Class begins promptly at 9:00.
Class: 9:00 - 12:00 p.m.
Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Class: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Business casual attire is appropriate. If you have any questions regarding the training requirements, please contact your General Agency.
Dates and Registration
Tentative available dates and locations are listed below. Dates are subject to cancellation up to two weeks prior to each event. To register, log in to the Blue Learning Center. See job aid for detailed login information.
May 21 – Des Moines
June 5 – Sioux City
July 15 – Des Moines
July 16 – Cedar Rapids
Aug. 21 – Sioux City
Oct. 6 – Des Moines
Oct. 8 – Cedar Rapids
Nov. 4 – Sioux City
Dec. 16 – Des Moines
Dec. 17 – Cedar Rapids
Medicare Certification and Training
Wellmark is responsible for ensuring all agents selling MedicareBlueSM Rx coverage follow the Medicare Marketing Guidelines as established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Wellmark requires all agents to complete an annual formal training & testing prior to sales or commission eligibility for MedicareBlue Rx products. Please refer to the Training and Certification FAQ for details regarding this annual certification requirement.
MedicareBlueSM Rx (PDP) Certification
MedicareBlue Rx Online Training Course
There are two parts to the MedicareBlue Rx Certification; the AHIP Medicare training, or the Medicare Basic training and the MedicareBlue Rx product specific training. You must successfully complete both parts to be certified, and certification for the specific product year is needed prior to selling and retaining that year's MedicareBlue product.
Wellmark will pre-register each appointed agent and set-up their log in information. To take the course, complete the following steps:
- Review the MedicareBlue Online Training Center User Guide
- Review the Certification FAQ
- Access MedicareBlue Certification to complete the online training
- New Users
- Returning Users
- Log in
- Optional: Turn off or adjust audio by selecting the volume icon located in the lower right corner of your screen
- Complete AHIP Medicare Training: This course requires online payment of $125/$175 to complete. (If you have completed the AHIP course through another carrier, you will still need to upload your completed certificate for review.)
- You will have a total of three attempts to pass the exam. After the third attempt, you will be required to take the entire AHIP course again including paying the fee.
- 6 Continuing Education Credits are available at an additional cost of $28.50. Purchase instructions are included in the AHIP course.
- Complete New Medicare Basics Training: this course requires online payment of $70 to complete
- Compolete Medicare Blue Rx Products Exam
- Complete Compliance & Fraud Waste and Abuse Training Attestation
- Complete MedicareBlue Rx Enrollment and Disenrollment Course
- Complete MedicareBlue Rx Products Course
- Complete MedicareBlue Rx Products Exam
Important Passing Criteria
The AHIP/Medicare Basics online course includes various lessons with a final exam of 50 questions.
- The exam requires a passing score of 90%. You will have a total of three attempts to pass the AHIP exam. After the third attempt, you will be required to take the entire AHIP course again including paying the fee.
The required courses for product specific training include the following lessons:
MedicareBlue Rx Enrollment and Disenrollment Course
Compliance & Fraud Waste and Abuse Course and 10 Question Exam
MedicareBlue Rx Individual Products Course and 15 Question Exam
- These exams require a passing score of 85%. You will have unlimited attempts to pass the exams and there is no testing fee required.