a Quick and healthy breakfast idea.
Whole wheat banana chocolate
Makes 12 muffins
3 mashed ripe bananas
⅓ cup of canola oil
¼ cup of milk
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
½ cup of packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease or place liners in a muffin pan.
- Place the ripe peeled bananas in a mixer and blend on low speed for 3-5 minutes until well mashed.
- Add the oil, milk, eggs and vanilla and mix again on low speed for 1 minute until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips).
- Add the banana mixture to the dry mixture and combine until just blended (do not overmix).
- Fill each muffin up about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a piece of dry spaghetti or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a cooling rack and allow them to sit for 10-15 minutes before attempting to remove the wrapper. Makes 12 large muffins.