The amount of omega-3s per 1 gram of chia seeds. The nutrient-rich seeds are a great cereal topper that will take the edge off your midmorning cravings. Sprinkle into smoothies, bake into breads or spoon some in your oatmeal.
Ten Ways to Use Chia Seeds
Blend one tablespoon of chia seeds into a smoothie.
- Add chia seeds into already beaten eggs; soak for ten minutes and make an omelet.
- Add chia seeds to salad dressings or salads.
- Stir chia seeds into coconut water for a hydrating beverage.
- Eat chia seeds raw as a snack.
- Mix one tablespoon of chia seeds with a quarter cup of water to make an egg substitute for baking.
- Sprinkle chia seeds on yogurt.
- Make pudding by adding chia seeds to any type of milk and let soak for twenty minutes.
- Mix chia seeds with ground meat to make meatballs.
- Stir chia seeds into peanut butter for a nutrient dense spread.