Welcome to Working with Wellmark.com, your source for news, information and tips for making the most of the resources available on our secure provider website. This page is designed for all providers with secure access to Wellmark.com. General users will learn about easy-to-use Web tools, while designated security coordinators (DSCs) will learn how to manage security roles within their organization.
Monthly Quick Tip
Are you looking for a provider claim remittance (PCR)? The View Provider Claim Remittance (PCR) tool on the secure Provider tab of Wellmark.com makes it easy. To find the PCR you’re looking for, you can use any of the following searchable fields from the drop down menu:
- Patient Account Number
- Wellmark ID
- Claim Number
- Check / Payment number
- Billing NPI
- All My Providers
If you receive an 835 electronic remittance, the electronic check number is different than the ACH number on the PCR. The best way to search for your PCRs would be by “Billing NPI” or “All My Providers.” Also, note that the issue date field is the same date as the PCR, not the date of the check you receive.
Help us identify local initiatives that improve community health
As a local provider serving your community, you are in a unique position to help Wellmark identify projects that improve the health of Iowans and South Dakotans. You may have heard that Wellmark is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. To mark this occasion and say “thank you” for 75 great years, we’re awarding $7,500 to ten projects that improve community health. If you know of any local projects that would benefit from this support, encourage them to submit an application by August 5, 2014. To submit a project, and to learn more about what Wellmark is doing to say “thanks,” visit Wellmark.com/75.
Go beyond Wellmark’s secure tools
Do you spend a lot of time using our secure tools to check claim status, benefits, or other patient details? If so, we hope these tools are meeting your needs. But don’t forget to check out all these other great resources accessible from the Provider tab of Wellmark.com.
- BlueInk Online: Did you know that the online version of BlueInk — our flagship provider publication — is available several days before the hard copy is mailed out? And, the electronic version has convenient hyperlinks throughout the text, enhancing your reading experience. Visit the BlueInk page today and subscribe to receive publication notices right in your inbox.
- Hot Topics: Updated on or around the first of every month, these short articles focus on the news you need to be more efficient in your job.
- Provider Video Gallery: Short and informative, each video offers a step-by-step walk-thru of important provider tools and new features. Got three or four minutes? Check out a video today!
To make sure you don’t miss out on these resources, start your day by going to Wellmark.com/Provider! You can always log in from this page to be taken directly to our secure tools. Begin here, and you’ll never miss a beat!
Web Tools and How-to Videos
Put down the phone. Chances are the information you’re looking for is online. Listed in order of popularity, the resources featured below show you how to make the best use of our secure Web tools. Many are also included in our Provider Video Gallery.
- Check claim status video . (2:44 min.)
- Follow up on a denied claim with attachments video . (3:06 min.)
- Check benefit accumulations video . (3:30 min.)
- Resolve possible workers’ compensation claims video . (3:18 min.)
- Download provider claims remittances (PCR) presentation .
- Get pre-service authorization resource page.
- Request pre-service review for out-of-area members video . (4:05 min.)
- Create and submit a new claim video . (12 min.)
Resources for DSCs
Designated security coordinators play a unique role in Wellmark’s Web security protocol. There are two types of DSCs. The “main DSC” has several responsibilities, including signing Wellmark’s usage agreement on behalf of his or her organization. The second type is simply known as “DSCs.” Each organization has one main DSC, but he or she can assign the DSC role to any number of individuals. Both types of DSCs can assign roles to other users to access certain tools and resources on Wellmark.com. To be effective in their role and maintain their organization’s security access, DSCs should be familiar with the following:
Information and Web Security
We all understand the need to protect our patients’ privacy while serving them efficiently. The following resources help keep providers and our members informed about this important topic: