Patient Review of Providers
Wellmark patients now can view and post reviews of providers based on their experiences by answering five basic survey questions using a star rating system similar to other consumer product rating tools.
How Does the Program Work?
- Patients must be Wellmark members and be registered users of myWellmark, Wellmark's personalized member Web portal, to access the tool.
- The patient reviewer must verify he or she has received care from the provider before completing the review.
- The provider will receive an overall patient rating as well as a rating for each question, with five stars being the highest and one star being the lowest based on review responses to the following:
- How would you rate your overall experience and satisfaction with this provider?
- Would you recommend this provider to your friends/family? (yes or no)
- How would you rate the ease and timeliness of getting an appointment with your provider?
- How well did the provider communicate with you about your health, treatment, drugs, or follow-up care?
- Overall, how welcoming, clean, and comfortable was your provider's office?
- The reviewer can also write specific comments.
- All text comments will be reviewed before they are posted to ensure the language is appropriate and that the comments follow patient privacy guidelines. The tool allows patients to review doctors (M.D, D.O.), nurse practitioners, and physician assistants; it does not allow patients to review facilities such as a hospital or ancillary providers.
Ratings are posted on the Find a Doctor or Hospital tool on Wellmark.com and on the National Doctor & Hospital Finder at BCBS.com.
Above all, this tool helps provide consistent transparency to give patients information to help them more effectively collaborate with their providers, and make more informed health care choices.
To learn more about Patient Review of Providers, view these frequently asked questions .