Download PDF of Fact Sheet
How to Access InterQual Criteria
- The InterQual criteria is available to clinicians through SmartSheetsTM on Wellmark.com.
- The SmartSheets are secure content, so you will need to log in to view.
- You will need to be assigned the Utilization Management Procedures & DME role to view the SmartSheets.
- Your designated security coordinator (DSC) can assign this role, if appropriate.
- View the SmartSheets .
- DME providers and out-of-state providers can receive the SmartSheets via fax by calling 800-552-3993.
2016 McKesson InterQual Changes
InterQual® content is the most widely used, evidence-based clinical decision support for care management because of its sound clinical logic, which rests on a rigorous, comprehensive development cycle. Refined and proven over 30 years, this development cycle combines systematic, critical assessment of the medical literature by highly trained clinical development teams with feedback from an InterQual clinical panel of 1,100 experts. InterQual® criteria, published by McKesson Health Solutions, is used in many of Wellmark’s medical review processes to support the medical necessity of health care services. We are publishing the 2016 annual changes to the criteria for Providers to review prior to implementation. These documents have been modified by Wellmark to reflect clinical revisions only for those items contained on the Wellmark Authorization table.
Imaging 2016 Clinical Revisions
Procedures 2016 Clinical Revisions
DME 2016 Clinical Revisions