|New Network Engagement Team Announced|
Understanding providers' challenges, engaging them in a consultative approach on new initiatives, and proactively communicating change—these are the goals of Wellmark's new Network Engagement team.
“Our focus goes beyond building a relationship; it’s about supporting providers and finding out what they need from Wellmark to help care for and manage their patient population,” according to Tom Newton, Director of Network Engagement.
“We can equip providers with data and member demographic information that they may not have had before. We’ll assist them with interpreting the data and work with physicians to identify opportunities in their practices that will positively impact the quality of care, which in turn will improve patient outcomes and reduce total cost of care.
“It’s our goal to be proactive and work collaboratively to make things happen.”
To identify your business partner and his or her contact information, look for your county on the updated Iowa (140KB) or South Dakota (89KB) map. If you’re located in Iowa’s Polk County, call 800‑700‑9137 for assistance.
You’ll find more information about the team in the October Blue Ink.
Day-to-Day Needs: Use Best Contacts
Different kinds of questions call for different kinds of expertise, and Wellmark staff have the resources, training, and experience needed to find answers.
Check our online list of Iowa and South Dakota service contacts for phone numbers. For most needs, including questions about claims, benefits, or eligibility:
- Access the appropriate self-service tool from our secure site.
- Use one of the following e-mail options:
- Call one of our Provider Service Centers in Iowa or South Dakota.
Collaboration on Quality (CoQ) Primary Care Program
Collaboration on Quality (CoQ) Primary Care Program participants should contact the following based on information needed:
- CoQ data on quality and cost: contact Network Engagement business partner—see the Iowa or South Dakota map
- CoQ technical questions about the registry (MDInsight): contact MDdatacor at 866-212-5002
- CoQ administrative questions: contact Carla Yeager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-376-5620