COBRA administration solutions to meet your business’ needs
Your time is important and valuable. That’s why Wellmark’s COBRA services are a perfect fit for your business’ administration needs. You’ll have access to solutions that will reduce your workload, increase your efficiency and add to your bottom line.
Standard COBRA Service - For fully funded and self-funded businesses with 20 or more employees
Save time and money with Wellmark’s Standard COBRA administration solution available for Wellmark products. We eliminate the tracking and monitoring of COBRA participants and ensure your administration of COBRA is consistent with current regulations. Wellmark has been administering COBRA for employer groups for more than 20 years.
We take care of your COBRA participants directly by…
- Handling all premium billing and collection
- Sending rate change letters to participants
- Notifying COBRA-qualified beneficiaries of options during open enrollment or
re-enrollment (upon written request and timely receipt of necessary group paperwork)
- Tracking eligibility and handling of the required participant notification during the final 180 days of coverage
- Customer service support for your COBRA participants
- COBRA information and assistance from our highly trained administrative staff
- COBRA notices for distribution to covered employees and new enrollees, and to qualified beneficiaries at the time of a qualifying event
- Fast and knowledgeable assistance from Wellmark COBRA specialists
- Customized COBRA election forms for distribution at the time of a COBRA qualifying event
Full Service COBRA - For self-funded businesses with 101 or more employees
Wellmark offers a comprehensive, fully compliant COBRA service to assist you in controlling your costs, minimizing your compliance risk and reducing your administration workload for increased efficiency.
Your relationship with Wellmark brings you the simplicity and value of one contact source for the continuation of your Wellmark-administered health plan benefits. Plus, you’ll also have continuation services for your prescription drug, dental and vision plan benefits offered or administered through any other carrier partners. Wellmark has chosen to work with Ceridian for Full Service COBRA administration.
Your access to time and money saving features includes…
- Set up services such as benefit plans, takeover and audit of current participants, reporting and renewal plan design changes
- Timely form distribution to qualified beneficiaries and newly active members
- Highly trained customer service support for you and your COBRA participants
- Designated toll-free phone number and email address for fast answers and easy accessibility
- Ongoing administration including processing, verification of COBRA elections and eligibility, correspondence, monthly billing and collection of premiums
- Reports and Premium Distribution with monthly participant status and update reports, premium distribution reports and check disbursements to you
- Compliance using state-of-the-art technology for data retention and compliance review
Here are some more ways you can save when you select our Full Service
COBRA administration services…
|Reduced ERISA fines1
||$110 per employee, per day of noncompliance
|Reduced IRS excise taxes2
||Up to $200 per employee, per day of noncompliance
|Reduced litigation costs and retroactive medical claims 3
||$78,000 average cost of litigation
|Reduced technology burden4
||$80,000 per year
|No need for full-time compliance staff4
||$100,000 per year
1. Per ERISA code 502(c)(1)
2. Per IRS section 4980B and IRS Form 8928
3. Per Indeed Salary Search. This is for an average litigation lawyer, medical claims reviewer and part-time/staffer.
4. Per Indeed Salary Search for IT Administration and as Senior Compliance Officer
You are eligible for Full Service COBRA administration services if…
- You are a self-funded group
- You have a Wellmark administered health plan
- You have the ability to provide eligibility data electronically in Wellmark’s proprietary format with HIPAA termination codes
Start saving time and money. Contact your Wellmark representative to get the COBRA administration service that’s right for you.