Depending on your pharmacy benefits, you may be able to save time and money by using mail service pharmacy to order medications you take regularly.*
- Save time - fewer trips to the pharmacy
- Save money - a 90-day supply typically costs less than multiple copayments of the same quantity
And filling your prescriptions through mail is secure and confidential. Registered pharmacists:
- Dispense and validate each order
- Check for potential drug allergies and interactions
- Are available by phone to answer your medication questions
- Ask your doctor to write two prescriptions:
- One for a short-term supply (e.g., 30 days) that you can fill immediately at a participating retail pharmacy
- The second for up to a 90-day supply of maintenance medications, plus refills.
- Handy tip: Write your Wellmark ID number on the back of each prescription
- Use one of the following methods to get your prescription by mail service.
- Complete the Mail Service Order Form and send it with your prescription to the address on the form. You can also register by calling Wellmark's mail service pharmacy customer service at 866-611-5961. Mail service representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. CT or Saturday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. CT.
- Have your doctor fill out the information on the Prescriber Mail Service Fax Form section and ask your doctor to complete and fax the form.
Log in to caremark.com to refill prescriptions and manage your mail service pharmacy account.
Customer Service Phone Numbers
- Customer Service - 866-611-5961
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 9:00 pm CT
- Saturday, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm CT
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm CT