Blue Physician Recognition - National
The Blue Physician Recognition (BPR) Program is designed to reinforce Blue Plans' commitment to quality by providing more meaningful and consistent information on physician quality improvement and recognition on the National Doctor & Hospital Finder site and FEP online directory. A BPR indicator will be used to identify physicians, groups and/or practices who have demonstrated their commitment to delivering quality and patient-centered care by participating in local, national, and/or regional quality improvement programs as determined by the local Blue Plan.
Collaboration on Quality - Local
Wellmark now recognizes primary care clinicians who participate in Collaboration on Quality® (CoQ), a program to improve the quality and efficiency of care, with a Blue Physician Recognition designation.
The CoQ program:
- Measures clinician performance using nationally recognized measures of care for specific diseases or conditions.
- Shares information with clinicians and their care teams to help them identify opportunities to deliver care more efficiently and effectively.
- Helps program participants identify ways to improve their performance.
- Shares information with the public regarding clinician participation and performance.
The CoQ Primary Care Program
Wellmark's CoQ Primary Care Program is designed to promote the best possible health care for our members while supporting the clinician/patient relationship.
How the Program Works
- Data from Wellmark and program clinicians is collected on certain chronic conditions and diseases, like diabetes and hypertension, and preventive care services, like childhood immunizations.
- The data is evaluated at the clinic level and compared to nationally recognized best practice standards.
- We then share the program results in our online provider directory.
Benefits of the Program
- You'll receive care based on nationally recognized best practices.
- Clinicians get access to data and resources to help improve the care they deliver.
- Clinicians are recognized and rewarded for their efforts.
How to Find Clinicians Participating in the Program
To find clinicians in the program, look for the symbol below next to the clinician's name in the Iowa and South Dakota provider directory.
Wellmark Quality Program Participant