DES MOINES, Iowa (July 12, 2012) – There is a new solution to meet health care needs while traveling abroad. GeoBlue, a trade name for Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® Association, provides group health care plans cover international business travelers, expatriates and their families while they are abroad. Their products provide groups who have an international presence with a Blue Cross and Blue Shield -branded global network.
GeoBlue offers two plans:
- GeoBlue ExpatSM Health Plans and Services – International major medical insurance and assistance services. Customized benefits down to two lives.
A great fit for: Expatriates and families on assignment away from their home countries for six months or more.
- GeoBlue Traveler Health Plans and Services – Group supplemental medical benefits and services for international business travelers.
A great fit for: United States and non-United States citizens outside their home countries on trips of less than 180 consecutive days.
All Wellmark group clients with employees who live or travel away from their home country are good prospects for these plans. Whether your employees are overseas for short business trips or live abroad for more than six months, GeoBlue has a plan that delivers the care employees need when and where they need it. GeoBlue provides a complete solution to employees, giving them, and their employers, peace of mind knowing that employees will get the care they need when facing a medical situation overseas. Several of GeoBlue’s product features include:
- Full range of coverage, including emergencies, clinic and office visits, inpatient and outpatient services.
- Easily understood options and consistent quality of care through an exceptional Blue Cross and Blue Shield-branded provider network made up of some of the finest doctors in the world.
- Truly worldwide coverage, with a presence in 190 countries around the globe.
In addition to the full menu of services available, GeoBlue provides unsurpassed customer service and administration from Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC, which will handle all administration for GeoBlue products, such as eligibility, ID cards and claims. This reduces the amount of paperwork and hassle experienced by members. GeoBlue’s services include:
- All inpatient, outpatient and clinic services received in-network on a cashless basis, which minimizes out-of-pocket expenses and eliminates the need to file reimbursement paperwork.
- 24-hour concierge service that goes above and beyond standard employee assistance.
- Innovative technology including a downloadable global mobile app, the first of its kind in the industry.
International coverage is available to group members today via the BlueCard Worldwide benefits available through group plans. However, GeoBlue expands the coverage offered from BlueCard Worldwide and provides additional services and flexibility that employers and employees may find valuable. For more information, go to www.Wellmark.com.