DES MOINES, IA (September 21, 2010) – Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield is working to create active, vibrant communities by working with six universities and their hometown communities to support health and wellness initiatives.
Dubbed the Wellmark 3-Point Play, Wellmark will make a donation for each field goal during the teams’ 2010 football season, and each three-point basket during both the men’s and women’s 2010-2011 basketball seasons. Funds donated through the Wellmark 3-Point Play program will be distributed to each university’s hometown to support community health projects.
Participating schools include:
- University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Iowa State University, Ames
- University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls
- Drake University, Des Moines
- South Dakota State University, Brookings
- University of South Dakota, Sioux Falls
“The Wellmark 3-Point Play is a unique way to benefit the communities where our customers live, as well as reinforce Wellmark’s message to ‘eat right, move more, and feel better,’” says Chris Verlengia, Wellmark community relations consultant. “We’re excited to be part of the action, and engage our members with their favorite teams.”
An interactive exhibit will also visit each school during the football season, offering fans the opportunity to kick a field goal or shoot a three-point basket, as well as learn more about health and wellness. The remaining schedule:
- October 2 – Drake University
- October 9 – Iowa State University
- October 16 – University of South Dakota
- November 6 – South Dakota State University
- November 13 – University of Northern Iowa
For more information on Wellmark’s 3-Point Play, visit http://www.wellmark3pointplay.com.
For information on health and health insurance, visit www.wellmark.com.