Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield is closely monitoring the H1N1flu situation and encourages everyone to stay informed. This special Web page provides information and resources regarding the H1N1 flu.
What You Can Do to Stay Healthy
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Stay home from school or work if you feel sick to limit contact with others and avoid potentially infecting them.
- CDC Ounce of Prevention Brochure
- CDC Ounce of Prevention Brochure (En Español)
Personal Health Assistant 24/7
Have a question about your health? Get around-the-clock answers with Personal Health Assistant 24/7. Call 1-800-724-9122 for confidential assistance from specially trained health professionals.
For the most current H1N1 flu information, the following Web sites provide frequently updated facts about this issue.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
Iowa Department of Public Health
South Dakota Department of Health