Wellmark hires for many different positions. The career possibilities are endless. Below are a just a few of them:
Sales and Marketing
The Sales and Marketing division develops and maintains our health products and ancillary products including dental, vision and Flexible Spending Accounts. The division also creates and implements communication strategies across segments and develops and maintains client relationships by providing service to our employer groups (businesses that offer Wellmark coverage to their employees).
Our sales force, account managers and account service representatives work directly with employer groups and our distribution channels (brokers and agents) to provide value-added solutions to our customers.
Our marketing team supports corporate strategies and goals by developing and deploying coordinated strategies for our various market segments; our communications team supports these strategies with integrated marketing plans, advertising and public relations activities.
This division also houses our sales operations teams, which are responsible for everything from the onboarding of new members to sales training.
Business Technology Services (IT)
The information systems and project management division at Wellmark is called Business Technology Services (BTS). BTS partners with business areas to define, provide and support the applications, tools and infrastructure needed to meet and exceed our members' expectations. All of our key corporate projects and initiatives are managed by multi-disciplined BTS teams, which include technical architects, technical and business analysts, developers and project managers. The division is also home to our infrastructure, help desk, information security, asset management and technology innovation teams.
Provider Relations and Health Management
The Provider Relations and Health Management division at Wellmark is strategically positioned to deliver value to our members by ensuring that Wellmark has a valuable network of medical providers supported and reimbursed with methods that focus on quality and value. It also ensures Wellmark has a valuable network of pharmacies and pharmacy benefits delivering lowest net spend, and provide support to members across the health continuum (from maintaining health to navigating the health care system in times of need). All of this is supported and monitored by a team of clinicians with our members' interest at the heart of their work, and an innovation team that is constantly looking for new ways to improve the health of our states and reduce the rate of increase in health care costs.
This division is made up of six departments including, Health Networks, Network Engagement, Pharmacy Services, Health and Care Management, Medical Management, and Sustainability.
- The Health Networks team works with our network of physicians, hospitals and other health care providers through credentialing, contracting and payment related activities.
- The Network Engagement team is the "face of Wellmark" within the provider community. The team is responsible for provider education, escalated claims resolution, and support of innovative payment, quality and health and care management initiatives.
- The Pharmacy team manages the overarching Pharmacy Insights program, which includes local management of our formulary, oversight of utilization management, and implementation of new programs to educate members on the efficacy of new drugs in the marketplace; and manages the relationship with our pharmacy benefit manager.
- The Health and Care Management department, made up of clinical and non-clinical teams, works with our providers and members to provide a comprehensive suite of wellness and health management programs focused on helping our members live healthier lives, while controlling health care costs.
- The Medical Management team, led by our Chief Medical Officer, is responsible for the overall quality of the health care services and programs delivered to our members.
Finally, the Sustainability team is charged with finding and implementing innovative solutions to mitigate the rising trend of health care costs. A good example of this is The Blue Zones Project&trade, which is an environmental, social and policy approach to transforming the environments where we live, work and play so that the healthy choice is the easy choice.
The Operations division consists of business-critical functions, such as claims processing and payment, customer service and quality review. These teams are responsible for ensuring that our members receive the service and support that they have come to expect from Wellmark. As the largest division in Wellmark, this group is usually the first point of contact for members with any questions relating to health insurance benefits and policies.
The Finance division is responsible for ensuring that Wellmark's financial strength is protected through a diverse group of professionals who reside on the following teams:
- Our actuarial and underwriting teams ensure our products are appropriately priced.
- Our accounting and budget teams are accountable for reporting and forecasting our performance, and helping keep Wellmark as one of the most cost-efficient companies in our industry.
- The billing and treasury and investment teams manage our cash flow and invest our reserves to protect our capital, while delivering financial returns.
- The procurement team leads negotiations with Wellmark's key vendors.
- The property management team manages our facilities in Iowa and South Dakota.
The business analytics team leverages our rich store of data to develop insights that identify opportunities to lower health costs and drive better outcomes for Wellmark and its members.
Legal and Compliance
The Legal and Compliance division represents the interests of Wellmark with regard to all legal matters, provides internal audit and compliance support, and serves as primary interface with state insurance regulators. This division is home to our general counsel, audit teams and compliance/privacy office.
Human Resources and Process Excellence
This division is made up of two, distinct departments, Human Resources and Process Excellence. The Human Resources department supports our workforce so we can provide the best service to our customers. This support includes benefits and compensation, payroll, training and development, consulting, and culture and inclusion. The training and development area assists the professional improvement of our workforce, while the consulting teams support strategic organizational efforts, employee relations, and staffing. Our culture and inclusion team assists Wellmark's efforts to maintain a positive and inclusive workplace where employees feel appreciated and valued.
The Process Excellence department consists of a team of highly trained consultants skilled in strategic thinking, facilitation, data analysis, and logical problem-solving. Through partnership with the organization at all levels, Process Excellence helps Wellmark achieve strategic goals using a process-focused approach. This applies to continuous improvement, new process design, or transformation of processes to efficiently and effectively align with the needs of our members and business environment.